- 1 large eggplant, (firm and shiny is the best)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- ¾ teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice to taste, fresh is best
- ½ teaspoons salt or more to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Make holes with a toothpick all through the eggplant. Wrap in aluminum foil and place over a gas grill until you see that it has changed shape and steam is coming out.
While still hot, place in cold water and peel immediately. Make sure that you squeeze the pulp to remove all the bitter juice from the eggplant. Puree eggplant.
Place in blender tahini, garlic and lemon juice. Thin the mixture with water. Keep the blender running and add eggplant, salt, pepper and good olive oil.
Place on a beautiful dish and garnish with parsley, tomatoes. Be imaginative with your garnishes. Enjoy!