Sar-El Tours Travel Update- Preparing For Your Return
As robust negotiations continue between the Israeli health and tourism ministries, and with the Israel Incoming Tour Operators Association with Sar-El's management participating in these important discussions, there are positive movements on the horizon. We can report with a high level of certainty that the following changes may affect incoming tourism to Israel starting November 1, 2021.
- In general, Israel's health authorities will make a distinction between the nations whose vaccines certificates are recognized by Israel
(mainly EU plus potentially New York and California with possibly more states in the near future), and the rest of the world. (*See list below).
- There will be no limit in numbers of arriving tourists per day/month for those vaccinated within six months prior to their departure date from Israel (at the conclusion of their trip), and/or those with a booster shot. The monthly quota for visitors vaccinated six months or more before their departure date from Israel (at the conclusion of their trip) and with no booster shot, will be raised to 30,000 (1,000 per day).
- Vaccinated visitors will be welcomed into Israel from all nations, including those requiring an entry visa.
- Pilgrims arriving with a group operated by an authorized Israeli Tour Operator (such as Sar-El Tours) will be welcomed into Israel regardless of when they received their vaccine, under the above guidelines. (Having received their vaccine or booster shot less than 6 months prior to arrival will simplify the entry process).
- Approved vaccinations will be Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. (Some requiring a booster shot).
- International visitors from nations whose vaccines are recognized by Israel will no longer be required to take a serological test upon arrival, but will need to produce a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to their flight, and pass an additional PCR test upon arrival in Israel.
- Land borders to Jordan and Egypt will be opened subject to regulations.
- The required group size of 5 to 30 passengers will be canceled, removing all group size limitations.
Trusting that the above positive projections will pass through the necessary committees and be formally approved this week, Sar-El Tours will provide you with a final and formal arrival protocol as soon as possible.
Our team is standing by to answer your questions and help you plan and book your next Israel trip. Contact us today.
Looking forward to seeing you in Israel soon,
Your Sar-El team
* Nations whose vaccines certificates are to be recognized by Israel: Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Ireland, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Denmark, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Lichtenstein, North Macedonia, Estonia, Latvia, Norway, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican, Hungary, Lithuania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxemburg, Faroe Islands, Morocco, Panama, Andorra, UAE (to be announced).